8.12 Configuration Assistant setup for Standalone

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
I was playing around with the Change Assistant the other day and noticed some downloads for the 8.12 standalone client. I downloaded the update to install Configuration Assistant for the 8.12 standalone client and tried following the included instructions, but haven't had any luck getting it installed.

I can download and extract the package fine. It extracts a couple of ESUs and I highlight the JK11037 ESU and click deploy, but it doesn't give any option as to which environment to install into, etc., and the deployment fails.

Has anyone had any luck on getting this installed and working? I attached the installation instructions which tells which package to download and the steps to take if anyone wants to give it a try. I am running Change Assistant 2.3.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 122873-Standalone Config Install.doc
    32 KB · Views: 275
I hope that I am not sharing anything that you are already aware of but this is what we found, the special instructions for the Standalone ESU is kinda backwards. There are a couple of things you have to do before you can run the ESU, but to get the instructions you have to run the ESU.

If you look into the folders where the special instructions reside there is a set of instructions that must be completed before running the ESU. Some of them include creating a new system datasource (not to be confused with a JDE datasource) on the workstation you have it installed on, you have have to update the jde.ini and perhaps a couple of others then it will run.

To put this into context we were running these updates to work with Business Accelerators so let me know if you need any more info and I can dig back into it and get the details.

I downloaded and ran the most recent Planner ESU instead of using the one given in the package and it gave me the correct options then and I was able to finish the install.

Back