ERP8 to 8.12 custom object conversions

Slav2007

We are upgrading from ERP8 to 8.12, and have a large number of custom object (interactive applications, batch applications, reports, table conversions, NERs, and C business functions). How are these custom objects upgraded to 8.12? Is there a conversion tool that will convert the custom E1 object specs and C business functions?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Those objects are converted to E812 during the regular
upgrade process. Go to www.peoplesoft.com and search
for EnterpriseOne/JDEdwards upgrade guides.

Upgrade, as Sebastian has suggested, or look at our Boomerang tool (the URL is in my signature below, look under "Software").

With non-English customizations, it is my understanding that the standard Upgrade process fails to convert some or most of the translated strings in the specs. Boomerang implements a workaround for this issue, effectively eliminating this deficiency.

I would always recommend using Boomerang. Often you are in a situation where you have upgraded your current system on a sandbox, and development continues in the old environment - boomerang is able to bring over that code on an OMW project by project basis. It works really very well - and after you have completed your upgrade, you can use boomerang to "snapshot" your development on an ongoing basis - in effect, it provides a full object management system with point-in-time recovery.

Back