Create!form Payroll Check Merge

jnd121

We are having an issue with Create!form merging large quantities of payroll checks. Currently, the end users use the adobe plugin so they can merge checks locally on their machines, but anything above ~800 pages does not merge successfully. We tried merging on the server, but it merges a page at a time and takes about 20 minutes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to efficiently merge these checks?

I don't have the answer off the top of my head but have questions for you...

- What version of the Create!form apps are you running?
- When using the plug-in to merge what version of Acrobat Reader?
- Is the user working on a workstation or Citrex or Remote Desktop?

Karen.

From jnd121:
-Create!form version 3.2
-Adobe Reader 7.0
-User is on a local workstation

Sorry for the slow reply - I've been out of the country. Not sure if you've found the solution to this already. I have more questions for you;

- Does the Cform merge plug-in support Acrobat Reader v7?

- Did this job ever merge/print correctly or has this always been a problem? If it used to merge/print correctly what's changed? The version of Acrobat, something in the network configuration, etc?

- It seems odd that merging on the server would be so slow. Is all configured correctly?

- When you stated that anything over 800 pages does not merge correctly what/where are you seeing that? When you page forward in AcroReader or the pages that print on the printer?

Karen.

Back