Printing: number of copies

Doug Munich

Doug Munich

Hi,

We have JDE Enterprise One, ERP 8 with Oracle DB.

A user is having a problem when printing workorders where when they click in the field for number of copies and type "3", then hit enter the number of copies is getting set to 31 and they get 31 prints. I've tested this and it seems to be environment specific, and workstation specific.

It seems like JDE is using a visual assist (like an autocomplete) as when I choose a new number of quantities (like 4) it works OK, but if I print 44 copies, afterwards when I go to print and enter number of copies = 4 and Tab or Enter it comes up 44.

Is it possible to prevent this behaviour, or can I clear that on the user's workstation somehow? Thanks.

Doug

Hi Doug,
You can turn type ahead off, by going to your preferences menu (open any app, and go to preferences on the menu bar), and click to UNcheck Type Ahead.
However, if you want to leave type ahead on, you can just hit the space bar after typing "3", to clear the "1", then "3" instead of "31" will type ahead the next time through.

Thanks. Turning type-ahead off works, but it seems to be system-wide and it is used a lot elsewhere. Hitting space bar after 3 may be my best option, although it would be nice if there was some way to remove the type-ahead for that field only as this user is in the habit of clicking number of copies, typing 3, and hitting enter in rapid sequence, so adding the space bar in there will be a challenge.

From my experimentation this seems to be workstation specific, so is there somewhere on the client installation where I could remove this specific type-ahead? (We are using fat-client by the way.)

Doug

Hi Doug

The typeahead data is maintained in the C:\windows directory in a file called typeahead.tae. If you remove this file all auto entry data will be lost.
Also a new package deploy will remove the file.

You can also turn typeahead off in the JDE.ini (PWndLocation=xx,xx,xxx,xxx,xxxxxx). There have been quite a few mails on this subject; just search for typeahead and jde.ini.

Thanks, I will look into that local file - that sounds like exactly the solution I need.

Doug

Back