Error "Version is not installed on client"

anotherrrr

Error \"Version is not installed on client\"

Hi All,

When I clicked "Run HTML Application" in Design Tools for an Intreactive Application Design, I got the error "Version is not installed on client". I used the workstation of version 8.96.

Did anybody come across this issue before?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Error \"Version is not installed on client\"

anotherrrr,

Firstly, 8.96 refers to the tools release and is an important piece of information about your configuration. However in addition to that, the actual version of the software you use would be good too (eg 8.10, 8.11, 8.12). Other information that is good to provide is under rule 3 of post #36179.

Secondly, the error you are receiving means that a copy of the specification for the version for the application you are trying to run is not on your fat client. To put a copy on your fat client, put the version into an OMW project and click the get button. Then you should be able to run the application.

I hope this has helped.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your quick reply.

As you suggested, I tried to put a copy via Get Button from my fat clint. However, it failed and returned the following error:
"General Error in method, Get".

When checking the jde.log, I found the error message as follows:
JDB9900245 - Failed to find F98611 Central Objects - DV812 in cache
JDB3100011 - Failed to get location of table F98710 for environment PS812
JDESPEC0000025 - Open Table[F98710] failed!
JDB9900224 - Failed to validate request handle

Do you have any idea about this?

In addition, my version is 812/8.96 and platform is XP SP2.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

I have had no experience with 8.12 - we are on 8.11 (see my system configuration below in my signature).

From the error you got, it appears that you are using the pristine or install environment PS812 (pathcode PS812). I am also guessing that you are using your default project in OMW.

This being the case, select the application version within the project - the same as you did before - but instead of clicking get, click the row exit advanced get. This should provide you with a list of pathcodes. Click/select the PS812 pathcode and click the select button. This should put a copy of the version on the client.

I hope this helps.

Peter,

Thanks for your help. Currently, no error returns when I click the "Run HTML application" button.

However, it didn't return the form I was focusing on but the welcome page. I tried to run the E1 delivered form insteadly, such as P01012. It works, the work address form displayed.

I have generated HTML first. Can you throw some light on this?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

Your problem could be that you are logged into the PS812 environment (which uses PS812 pathcode) and you are using the default project in OMW. As delivered, the default project in OMW is set up to work in the DV812 environment (using DV812 pathcode - assuming that it hasn't changed from 8.11). If this is the case then things would most likely work if you were logged into DV812.

However, apart from that, some screen prints and logs (both jde.log and jdedebug.log) would be handy here. Also some information regarding the set up on the fat client would be good - pathcodes installed, jde.ini, jas.ini etc.

I will not be available for the next few days (starting tomorrow). Maybe one of our fellow JDEList members (especially one with knowledge and experience with 8.12) will be able to help.

Peter,

Thanks for suggestions.

The project I was using is a new project and run delivered form correctly.

I checked the JDE.INI/jas.ini/jdbj.ini in Fat Client and made sure that all datasource had been changed to PS812 (the environment I am using).

However, the same issue returns.

Does anyone have any idea?

Regards,
Bob

Back