AS400 Library Copy

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
AFter Copying the Proddta, Prodctl to DVCTL and DVDTA is there anything I need to do to grant authority to TESTDTA and TESTCTL to these libraries ( we do have similar commands in SQL and Oracle) so that the above mentioned users can perform all database related activities on DVDTA and DVCTL ( I am referring to an AS400 platform) . I am bnot very sure about the AS400 command for the same.

Can somebody help me with this .. !!

IF you were refreshing DV with PD data you should be good. Just remember t hat you have just replaced all your DV menu structure with PD. If you had any menus specific to DV or in development that had not been promoted to PD , they're gone and have to be created again. We have Menu descriptions tha t have to be changed in DV every time we refresh from PD.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of FreddyFrancis
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 8:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: AS400 Library Copy

AFter Copying the Proddta, Prodctl to DVCTL and DVDTA is there anything I n eed to do to grant authority to TESTDTA and TESTCTL to these libraries ( we do have similar commands in SQL and Oracle) so that the above mentioned us ers can perform all database related activities on DVDTA and DVCTL ( I am r eferring to an AS400 platform) . I am bnot very sure about the AS400 comman d for the same.

Can somebody help me with this .. !!

E811 8.94P1 win/SQL 2000 JAS 5.2.0.3 EO8.9 8.94_F1 win/oracle 9.2.0.3 XE SP 22Y1 V5R1M0 JAS SP22J_Y1

You can issue a Grant Object Authority (GRTOBJAUT). If you prompt the command you will find fields where you can specify the authority you want to give, to whom, to what objects within a library (*ALL for all the files) and what library, etc.

Re: RE: AS400 Library Copy

Hello,

I havent done it using JDE . It was using AS40 commands that i refreshed the PD libs to DV.

I basicallu want to know will my workbenches fail if I dont give authority to TESTDTA and TESTCTL to these libraries since i have heard that for most of the ubes running they are hardcoded to use these ids rather than the JDE id..

It doesn't matter whether you use the JDE copy methods or native AS/400 commands. We do this every day with no problems.

You should have no problem. Just remember to give the users JD Edwards envionment authority for DV & CRP if they did not already have it. We have done this type of thing for over 8 years. The UBEs that you are running are not in the libraries that you have copied. You have just coppied your database and control Tables.

Back