Linking to specific apps

camo

We are in the process of upgrading to 8.12
In the previous versions (non web versions) there was a convention for opening jde with a direct link to a specific application or version (it called a specific menu link from my hazy memory).

Does anyone know if there is a similar convention and functionality in the web versions.
We would like to be able to reference and open specific interactive screens from within other applications or from a link embedded in an email.

Thanks in anticipation.

For direct access to web apps, you can use parameterized URL's (8.96_E1 or better required) or portal. There are other custom methods to do what you would like to do, but I would recommend you try one or the other supported method first.

Hello All,

I am trying to run not only interactive applications but a batch applications from the web using parameterized URLs. For interactive applications everything looks good.

When I am trying to run BV (P98305W_W(98305WA) application from parameterized URL there is an error in executing of the Launch Processing Options Dialog in JAS.LOG. However, when I am running BV application from E1Menu application it works just fine.

Did you experienced such problem in the past? I was not able to figure out the reason it behaves different.

Thank you,
Valentin

Back