Negative SO line not showing as available (in MRP or S&D)

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We sometimes use negative qty lines on SO's to indicate items coming back from a customer (wrong item sent or possible warranty issue). Unfortunately, MRP and S&D do not see this as a supply order and end up telling us we need to purchase more of them. Any idea what would be causing this behavior? In our Pristine environment, it appears that at least S&D DOES view the negative SO line as a supply order, so I'm guessing this is something in our setup that's causing this behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Don
Are you want to include in MRP so that it will show you net demand? The
negative Sales Order Type is different or not. If different you define the
MRP inclusion rule if you want to include in MRP and the Status you want to
include. Define and run the MRP again then it will consider while running
MRP and you will get desired result.

Thanks
Sujit Kumar

Re: RE: Negative SO line not showing as available (in MRP or S&D)

Sujit,

Thank you for your reply. I've included the Doc Type - Line Type - Status in the S&D and MRP inclusion rules, but it's just not factoring in SO lines with negative quantities. The positive quantities factor in correctly -- it's just the negative ones that are the problem. I'm thinking it's something in our business data or control table setup, and am still looking (even using the C debugger!).

Re: RE: Negative SO line not showing as available (in MRP or S&D)

Here's a reply to my own post - to let you know what I found. The Planning Fence Rule on the item branch was set to "G", which is greater of customer demand and forecast. We don't use forecasting, so our forecast is 0. The SO demand is negative. Since a zero forecast is greater than a negative demand, the system used the zero forecast.

If I change the Planning Fence Rule to a "C" instead, then it all shows up fine (by the way, this code WAS set to "C" on our Pristine environment test item).

Thank goodness for the C debugger!

Back