Unable to preview with Cform v2.7 SP2

KSwaeby

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
Hello All -

I'm starting to work on migrating Cform v2.7 to v6.2. Today, when I installed v2.7 from CD and Acrobat v5.0 on a new workstation I was able to preview form projects. After I applied SP2 to Cform (making it v2.7.20) I now get the error message "Could not find Postscript file to Distill." when I try to use the preview option.

I've eliminated the form project being the problem by making a new project with nothing but a box on it. I get the same error with the new project. Have logged the issue with CFI support but wanted to see if anyone on the list knows how to fix this.

The workstation is Windows XP Pro and all software (Cform and Acrobat) was installed under the same login ID. The same user is logged on when the error occurs. Not sure if that user has Admin rights to the workstation. Has anyone see this error?

Thanks much -

Karen.

Karen,

This is pretty simple, but I've been caught by it at least once - is the project directory defined properly?

Peter,

The form project directory is set correctly.

The PS file that should get distilled gets written to the C:\Program Files\Create!form\Temp folder when I try to preview the form. I can't figure out why the designer isn't able to find it there any longer.

Karen.

All -

I just had a conversation with CFI Tech Support about this issue. They say that it is a known problem with v2.7 caused by the user logged into the workstation having a period (.) in their login ID (in my case my network ID is karen.swaeby).

The fix is to either use a login ID that does not have a period character in it or or upgrade to v6.2.

Karen.

Back