E1 AutoLogon

Jay Paff

We have a simple password reset application. Users login with a fixed UserID and Password (the same for everyone). The users then enter their employee ID and the last 4 of their SSN and they can then reset their own passwords.

We have been asked if it is possible to streamline this a bit. Since everyone signs on with the same UserID and Pwd to run the password reset routine, folks are wondering if it is possible to automate the logon. If they click the password reset link, it would take them right into the application. (fewer keystrokes/typing mistakes because no sign-on info).

We are not trying to do pass-thru authentication, we already do this. We need a way to pass user ID and Password.

Does anyone know of a way to pass user ID and Password into the the activConsole.exe program?

Thanks in advance, Jay.

Hi,

If you're running on a Fat Client, you'll be able to
achieve that functionality with a WSH script, WSH
scripts have .vbs extension.
I don't remember the exact syntax but it's similar to :

1. Invoke "activconsole.exe" (can't remember if it's
either Shell or Execute WSH command).
2. Then you SendKeys "MyUser{Tab}MyPassword{PD7333}{Enter}"

Once your users click on YourScript.vbs, it will
execute ActivConsole.Exe and send the key sequences to
log them in.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try. One addition; any thoughts on how to do this for Web? Hardcode some HTML maybe?

Thanks again, Jay

Hi,

I'm not very sure on how it would work for Web clients.
Maybe, my WSH script would call

"iexplore.exe http://myserver:81/jde/owhtml" and then
pass the key secuencies to "type" username, tab,
password, tab environment, tab role and send Enter.

Would be interesting to test it, isn't it?

Use PHP...easy to create a simple script to login into Web and run an application.

Hi,

Just wanted to know what kind of an application you are using. Does the application deal with the Security Kernel to encrypt or decrypt the password??

JD Edwards CNC
XE - AS400, UNIX

Back