E1 811 sp1 Enterprise Installation fails with ORA-30041

jdeNico

I try to install EnterpriseOne 811 sp1 on win 2003 enterprise server on oracle 10g r2 10.2.0.2 and I get [ORA-30041: Cannot grant quota on the tablespace] error when
installation program try to create any psft dbms users because it try to grant unlimited
quota on temp tablespace that is not supported on Oracle 10.2.

Any suggestion?

Indeed, it is not suported and was in fact a "bug" in prior releases, that granting quota to users on the TEMP tablespace was even allowed. Metalink Note:331657.1

Best recommendation would be to contact Oracle and ask for updated install scripts. While you wait, install 10.1 or 9.2, perform the JDE install, then run the database upgrade scripts immediately following to bring you up to 10.2.

You can edit them yourself if you are feeling frisky (the java installer dumps them to the local disk and they remain there, even after a succesful install.)

Hi,

I agree with Charles. We had exactly the same issue and in the end I went to the scripts / batch files that were created as part of the install and edited them to remove the offending lines and then run them manually.

If I remember correctly, you may have to review each one in turn as some variables that the batch files use rely on information from te installer.

Back