SP23_R1 Upgrade Issues

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
We tried over this past weekend to upgrade from sp22_O1 to sp23_R1 this weekend. We were unable to get 23R1 to work correctly.

We first put down the password encryption ESU JD24632 and deployed to all machines. At that point we were able to log in and run UBE's. We then followed the instructions for applying sp23. Things worked great for the Deployment server (NT) and application sever (NT). However, our enterprise server (as/400) didn't go so well.

When we got to the point of doing the porttest, and later taking the foundataion package on the fat clients we ran into issues. First we got an error saying that user jdeow is not the same as user JDEOW. jdeow is the system user defined in each users account. JDEOW is the OW user account, and JDEOW is what was defined in the ini file on the as/400. We tried changing the ini value from JDEOW to jdeow and also changing the system user to JDEOW in our uesr account. That allowed us to get past that, but when submitting a UBE from the fat client to app server we got "ODB0000165 - SQLDriverConnect failed. DSN: OWJRNL"

We never could get it so that we could submitt jobs from the fat client to the app server OR the enterprise server. So we rolled back to sp22_01.

Has any else encounted similar issues when going to SP23_R1 or when applying the Password encryption ESU?

Thanks
Aaron

Aaron,
I just applied SP23_R1 to our test environment. The installation and full package build went fine against the deployment server, AS400 enterprise server and fat client. However, I am in the same boat as you where I cannot run UBEs. I am just beginning to troubleshoot the issue, but I have not seen the error you mentioned. I cannot find any trace of the job ever being handed to the Enterprise Server to run.

-Andrew

Aaron,
I misspoke earlier. I fixed the UBE problem I was having by using the right port in my JDE.INI.

So, SP23_R1 appears to be working fine from the initial simple testing I have done. I will release it to the business users to test next week. I also still have to get a web server up and running.

-Andrew

Andrew-

Did the port # change from before and after the SP upgrade?

Also, some of our logs show errors relating to journaling on the AS/400 for table F986111. Do you have this file journaled on your as/400? If so, has it always been?

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron,
The port number problem was my fault. I use the same machine for production and our multi foundation test environment. The jde.ini for the test environment was set incorrectly. It did not change as part of the service pack.

As far as journaling, we are not currently journaling the F986111.

-Andrew

Back