Imtermetent issues with viewing CSV files

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
We are having an issues with some users not being able to view csv reports. When they click on the view CSV an IE window flashes and then disappears and nothing comes up. Before when I had the UBEContentDisposition=TRUE flag set to true it was fine however users did not appreciate the fact that they were being asked to open or save so this flag has since been turned off, now PDF's are opening up automatically with the generic report name but some users are not getting the option to open CSV. It is not across the board so I don't think it is a server issues.

I am sure others have seen this before, can you enlighten me on the solution.
confused.gif

I'm not sure, but this sounds like the same issue we've run into with CSV files. If it is, when your users go in to open the CSV file, have them hold down the CTRL button on their keyboard while they click to open it. When the CSV viewing window pops up, this "catches" it. Once they have "caught" the window, they can release the CTRL button and continue with their work.

Not exactly the greatest solution, especially since you're users didn't like having to choose to open or save the file. But it's worked for us for now.

Would love to hear any other solutions myself.

The CSV issue can be resolved with a registry change.

Create a registry key as follows:

Open Regedit
Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\
Add key of "application/csv"
Add string value with a name of "Extension" and Value Data ".csv"

Reboot…

That wil prevent the window from just flashing and disappearing.....and I guess why is it not happening for all users. Only a selected few.

[ QUOTE ]
We are having an issues with some users not being able to view csv reports. When they click on the view CSV an IE window flashes and then disappears and nothing comes up. Before when I had the UBEContentDisposition=TRUE flag set to true it was fine however users did not appreciate the fact that they were being asked to open or save so this flag has since been turned off, now PDF's are opening up automatically with the generic report name but some users are not getting the option to open CSV. It is not across the board so I don't think it is a server issues.

I am sure others have seen this before, can you enlighten me on the solution.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some notes I took on this a while back:

Issue:

Export to CSV
Open Excel when viewing CSV output reports
Open Excel when viewing CSV output report without prompting

UBE as known filetype?

Options

1- Using SMS (or MOM)

Add

e1dv
e1py
e1cv
e1
e1dv.chci.lan
e1py.chci.lan
e1cv.chci.lan
e1.chci.lan

to Local intranet

Registry setting
Regmon

Ensure that every new computer gets this added.

Change security settings for Local Intranet to enable installation of signed ActiveX controls

Registry setting for auto-open of CSV (UBE?) files

2- Using SMS or login scripts, manually install the ActiveX control

http://e1dv/jde/axctls/jdeexpimpU.cab

Ensure that every new computer gets this added.

In order to view the already installed ActiveX controls, and the location of such
files, do the following:
Viewing the installed ActiveX controls:
Go into the Internet Explorer options.
General tab select Settings.
Push button for view objects.
This displays installed active X controls.
Right click on JDE control and select properties. This will display where it is
installed and what is installed.

http://www.peoplesoft.com/psp/portprd/CUSTOMER/CRM/c/C1C_MENU.C1_SOLN_SUMMARY.GBL?page=C1_SOLN_SUMMARY&SETID=SHARE&SOLUTION_ID=200971863

Test. Test. Test

Voucher Matching

Hi,

we've got a particular recurring incident here. There is an absence of lines within F0411 for some vouchers once in a while. Somehow JD Edwards looses the plots from time to time when performing Voucher Matching. Thats the reason why there are no registers in F0411 whereas there are registers within F0911 and F43121.

So there are two possible solutions we are offering to our customer. On the one hand we could delete registers from F0911 and related register within F43121 where PRMATC = 2. Then we would have to change values accurately on related OV document within F43121. By this means we could trap the system and it would be posible to do the Voucher Matching again. On the other hand we can insert the missing register into F0411.

Our customer has chosen the first one solution so far, which is doing the fix actually. Anyway, Has somebody faced this issue? Does anybody Know why it happens and how could we avoid it happens again? Is thera a SAR to solve that error? Is a good option what we are doing now to fix the problem? Any ideas you can come up with?

Thank you all

Regards: Nick

Re: Voucher Matching

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

we've got a particular recurring incident here. There is an absence of lines within F0411 for some vouchers once in a while. Somehow JD Edwards looses the plots from time to time when performing Voucher Matching. Thats the reason why there are no registers in F0411 whereas there are registers within F0911 and F43121.

So there are two possible solutions we are offering to our customer. On the one hand we could delete registers from F0911 and related register within F43121 where PRMATC = 2. Then we would have to change values accurately on related OV document within F43121. By this means we could trap the system and it would be posible to do the Voucher Matching again. On the other hand we can insert the missing register into F0411.

Our customer has chosen the first one solution so far, which is doing the fix actually. Anyway, Has somebody faced this issue? Does anybody Know why it happens and how could we avoid it happens again? Is thera a SAR to solve that error? Is a good option what we are doing now to fix the problem? Any ideas you can come up with?

Thank you all

Regards: Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a reg file I created for the CSV issue.

Attachments

• 121764-fix.pdf
    254 bytes · Views: 111

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a reg file I created for the CSV issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this handle both issues?

- CSV file opening in Excel
- Promptless file opening?

Back