JDE XE B7333: More Info

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
Hi,

I have worked with JDE OneWorld 8.10 and 8.11SP1 but didn't get a chance to work with prior versions of JDE like JDE Xe. JDE XE B7333 is one of the earliest version of JDE OneWorld but that's the only thing I know about this version.

Was JDE Xe a completely different and enhanced product than JDE World or it was a just a wrapper around JDE World? If was a different product then what was the major difference between JDE OneWorld Xe and JDE 7.3 (which was coexist with Xe) and on what platform it was available? I tried to find documents on KG but didn't find any document which has list down such version difference.

Also, I am also curious to know whether JDE OneWorld Xe supports Dynamic java connector as one of the Interoperability feature which is supported in JDE 8.10 and JDE 8.11SP1.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

Hi :

Technically speaking, Xe is 90% the same as E81x.
Xe is based on the same CNC architecture, though you can
choose between Web, Fat and Citrix clients (I miss
these last two so much... tiny tears hit the ground...)
E810 still accepts Fats and Citrix, while E811 and E812
force you to go pure Web.

E81x have some extra new modules (functionality) that
were missing from Xe, some new development gadgets like
PowerForms, and are far more voracious (on machine
resources) than their "frugal" elder brother Xe.

Xe is coexistant with World A7.3, though I can't tell you
about the Dynamic Java connector.

You can build java wrapper classes for the BSFNs in XE. I believe you have to use the genjava.exe program with the various parameters.

[ QUOTE ]
You can build java wrapper classes for the BSFNs in XE. I believe you have to use the genjava.exe program with the various parameters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can do that, we do it all the time for some of our custom integrations.

Thanks for your reply.Just tell me whether Xe supports web client or we can have only FAT client for this.

One more thing, is it possible to generate serialized spec objects for tables,views, applications and bsfn in JDE Xe? In JDE OneWorld 8.10 and 8.11 we can generate spec objects for tables,views etc.

Also while going through Interoperability section for Xe, I found that XMLList functionality is not mentioned. Is it not supported in Xe or supported but not mentioned in document? Can somebody enlighten me on this.

Thanks in advance.
Kiran

Xe is NOT one of the earliest versions of OneWorld.

OneWorld came out in 1996. Xe came out at the end of 2000. ERP 8.0 is Xe.1 - and it came out in 2002.

EnterpriseOne 8.9 was finally released in 2003/2004.

Xe is supported until at least 2013. Many JDE customers still run Xe or ERP 8.0. Its a VERY VERY solid version - and as long as you're not running HR/Payroll - its a great product to run your company.

Xe is nothing like World. 8.12 is actually Xe.6 in effect !

With SP23, you have the same web functionality as 8.93. SP23 is the last B733x service pack.

There are certainly differences in the functional code, however - since Xe is primarily designed for a windows style environment, and 8.11/8.12 is designed primarily for the web environment. 8.9 and 8.10 can be viewed as transitional versions between windows and web.

Xe supports all the platforms that 8.1x supports. It doesn't support, however, the Oracle Application Server (unless support has come into SP23 recently !).

Xe supports all database types.

Xe and ERP 8.0 has "xmlCallObject" - or "Thinnet" as its often referred to - built in. This is the best interoperability path.

Back