8.12 Gen issue when using Direct Generation and selecting local specs

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

I keep getting database connect errors for datasource SPEC_MSDE when I try to perform a gen using Direct Generation and selecting local specs. I have downloaded the Microsoft JDBC driver and placed it in the correct location on the Deployment Server according to the guide. I have also placed the Oracle JDBC driver and tnsnames.ora files in their correct location according to the guide. Everything works fine, until I select one of the checkboxes (I have tried Applications, Reports, NERs) for full generation and then click Start, I get a pop up stating there was an issue, and when I look in the jas.log, I see the Database Connection error that I mentioned above. I don't know where it's pulling this datasource name from, but it doesn't exist in our environment. I went ahead and created it, and it still didn't work. I have since removed it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have attached the jas.log and jderoot.log files.

Thanks...

Attachments

• 121407-jderoot_20070607.zip
    6 KB · Views: 109
Looks like the JDBJ.INI is in correct. Can you post it?

What SQL Server Drivers are you using?

What's the system config? (App Server & Version, JDE Release, Tools, etc.)

Thanks for your help.. I am happy to report that I have identified what the issue(s) were:

1. The Local - DV812 Specs datasource was pointed to the wrong DB.
2. The spec.ini had the wrong datasource listed in it.

Once I corrected these 2 issues, everything worked fine.

Back