8.12 Package Build SLOOOWWWW!!!!

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

Our 8.12 Package Builds are running slow. During the server build, the spec copy is taking longer than I would expect, especially on the FDASPEC records. There are 445395 records in the table, and it takes over an hour and a half to finish the copy!!! GBRSPEC has 4487038 records, and it only takes about 20 minutes.

Is this common???

Any ideas on how I can speed it up?

We have reindexed the table and we have run statistics.

Thanks,
Matthew

EOne 8.12, Oracle 10G Release 2, Solaris 10 Enterprise and Web Servers, Redhat 4 Web Servers.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on E8.12 Tools 8.96.1.1
running on AIX 5.3/UDB 8.2
I analyzed indexes and statistics on the FDASPEC related
tables and seem to be fine.
So far, the only explanations I can think for that
slowness is that the logic behind those specs is more
complex (?) than GBRSPEC ones or that the spec retrieval
for FDASPEC was done with an unefficient algorithm.

Thanks for your reply. Gotta love this mess! As a side note, how do I turn on automated serialized object generation? I didn't see that anywhere in the JAS server guide.

We also have the same problem. I thought something wrong with our installation.

I have verified that this same issue happens on iSeries as well. So, it seems that this is across all platforms and dbs, so there must be something in the data or with the algorithm...

Matthew

This week I installed EO8.12 with TR 8.96.1.2 on Win2003k with Oracle Database 10g.
During FULL package, I experienced a VERY VERY SLOWWWWW copy of .c, .h from deployment to enterprise (about 8 hours).
I tested the copy, through Operating system, of c directory under DV812 from deployment to enterprise server and it takes 3 minutes.
I don't know what EnterpriseOne makes during this copy.
Any idea?
thanks
Gigi

[ QUOTE ]
This week I installed EO8.12 with TR 8.96.1.2 on Win2003k with Oracle Database 10g.
During FULL package, I experienced a VERY VERY SLOWWWWW copy of .c, .h from deployment to enterprise (about 8 hours).
I tested the copy, through Operating system, of c directory under DV812 from deployment to enterprise server and it takes 3 minutes.
I don't know what EnterpriseOne makes during this copy.
Any idea?
thanks
Gigi

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having the same problem but, not being a huge fan (or user) of full builds, I pushed it down my priorities list. I did some troubleshooting and found that file copies were where the slowdown was. Using filemon (SysInternals), I was able to time the writes.

Alright smart people- take a look at the attached file and analyze. The red highlighted lines in column C are the file events that took longer than 1 second. The rest you can figure out. Note the pattern. Column H is also interesting.

Jeff

Back