Is this a normal message for call object kernels?

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
1164/820 SYS:Dispatch Mon Jun 04 14:38:29.705000 Jdekdisp.c1825
INITIALIZING CALL OBJECT KERNEL

1164/820 SYS:Dispatch Mon Jun 04 14:38:29.705001 Jdekdisp.c1903
KNT0000777 - Call Object Kernel in single-threaded mode.

It sure is. It tells me that you are running a tools release of 8.95 or higher and do not have multi-threaded call objects configured in your JDE.INI.

[ QUOTE ]
It sure is. It tells me that you are running a tools release of 8.95 or higher and do not have multi-threaded call objects configured in your JDE.INI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for my own info, how can you tell it's at 8.95 or higher?

I am getting Commit Failures in Sales Order processing due to database connection being dropped. I only get this in SO. Could a single threaded queue cause that? Better question would be, what is the advantage / purpose of multi threaded kernel queues?

See Attachment for explanation of multi threaded call object kernels.

If your system is able to use multi threaded kernels they are normally set on by default (by the correct tools release), you normally have to add a parameter to the jde.ini in order to switch back to single threaded mode.

singleThreadedMode=Y to end of [JDENET_KERNEL_DEF6] section.

The important thing to glean from this document is that you should ensure that your code is thread safe in order to run in mlti threaded mode - or you could be doing more harm than good.

Attachments

• 122972-MultithreadedKernel.pdf
    303.7 KB · Views: 383
One important note: there are white papers stating that 8.96 is delivered with multi-threading turned on. If you are running I-series this is not true. To turn it on for an AS400 you need to make an adjustment to the JDE.INI.

Back