New Install - Database error

PDizzyD

PDizzyD

I am setting up a lab W2KSP3, Oracle OAS and DB, (each at the current release as per the MTRs). I have installed both the Platform Pack and Deployment server and I have installed the Tools Release Patch 8.69.1.2. The planner ESU is applied.

Ok, so now the problem. I am running the installtion workbench and getting a 'Cannot determine the database driver name for driver type "O".

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have been getting this recently BUT on my generation fat client. In my case it is because the Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 settings have been lost from the JDE_CG section of the jde.ini file.

You could try looking at that as a starter.

This typically means that the E1 process reporting the "Cannot determine ..." error is unable to access the Oracle Client libraries or there is some sort of compatibility issue between the E1 middleware and the Oracle client version installed.

I also see this at a particular site of mine when using development tools, OMW and UTB. Pressing retry on the database connection error popup dialog seems to sort it out. In that specific case I think it is some sort of strange version conflict between the E1 middleware and the client that only shows itself during certain operations.

Is your Oracle client software up to date with patches applied?

Back