Package Building Error

WilsonCS

Hi,

I would like to upgrade the Tools Release from 8.93 to the most up-to-date release 8.96.11. After duplication an environment and try to build the Client Package from the 8.96 pack, it produce many compilation errors when building the DLLs. This problem also happened when I try to upgrade the 8.94 service pack last year. At last I give up the upgrade because there are many problems that would not be solved.

Do all of you encounter those problem when upgrade the service pack? And, how can I solve the problem?

Thanks a lot!
Wilson

Wilson,

What version of C++ compiler are you using? Is it Visual Studio C++ .Net 2003?

Wilson,

As part of a Tools Release upgrade, you need to be sure and download and apply the latest Planner ESU for your E1 version (Xe, 8.9, 8.10, etc.). You need to apply this ESU to each environment that you'll be upgrading, and follow all the special instructions (as with any ESU).

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all of your advise!

I'm currently using Visual C++ 6.0 to compile the programs. I try the newer version, VC++.net 2003, when I install the EOne at first time (8.9) but my JDE consultant told me this version could not compile the package correctly and ask me to install VC6.0. Now I still using VC6.0 to compile the programs.

I attached the "buildlog.txt" here for your reference. Please view the file for the errors and give me some advises.

Thanks very all of you again!
Wilson

Attachments

• 121301-buildlog.txt
    446.9 KB · Views: 227
Were you able to resolve this issue? We are also getting almost similar errors.

-Thanks.

Did you make sure the RTL 7.1 files are in place. Package build will error out if these files are not there.

atl71.dll
MFC71.dll
MFC71u.dll
Msvcp71.dll
Msvcr71.dll

Also did you install any ESU's. If so did you check logs to make sure it was installed properly. I encountered a similar issue with package build where an ESU that I installed screwed up some of the objects. So I had to backout the ESU and reinstall it.

Yes these dlls are present. We have not applied any ESU recently.

Back