Date Pattern Changes - Split a month due to acquisition

dschlieder

Well Known Member
Sorry for the double post - but no takers in the other discussion group...

Looking for some insight to see if anyone else has tried to do this and what their experiences were.

Our company was recently sold/purchased and for reporting purposes for the "new" company they would like to see financials stated from 5/9/07 - and it is well past that date and we have data in the GL past that date already.

We are considering changing the date pattern for this year and ending period 5 on 5/8 and shifting the remaining of the year one period later. So period 6 will end on 5/31, period 7 on 6/30, etc.

I see that there is a UBE R099103 that appears to actually correct the data for you in the GL once the date pattern has been changed.

And we are planning on testing this in PY before we attempt to do this in production.

So has anyone actually done this? And if so are there any gotcha's to watch out for?

The mentioned UBE seems to only affect the F0911 and F0902 tables and the period number is included in a lot of other tables than just those 2.

In searching the forums I see that the date pattern is also used for depreciation so I fear that a change for reporting GL purposes will cause some major issues in fixed assets as well when depreciation is run.

So I suspect this could cause issues in other systems as well.

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Dave Schlieder

Back