Tools upgrade issues rom 8.94.n1 to 8.96.1.1

Jogil

I am in the process of upgraging the tools release from 8.94.n1 to 8.96.1.1. Deployment server (Win 2003) and Enterprise Server (Solaris) were upgraded successfully. By the way, Database is Oracle 9i.

I took a brand new windows 2003 server for a Websphere 6.0 installation and the machine was installed with 6.0.2.13. JDE HTML server was installed and serialized object generation done on the different client machine.

After I login into the web, none of the applications are running and producing the error 'COULD NOT LOAD FORM. Please use latest Java generator to regenerate the following application P01012_W01012B'.

Opened a case with Oracle and its more than 15 days and no solution yet. On the generator machine (loaded with Websphere Express 6) and the webserver has the same version of classes12.jar, j2ee.jar, xalan.jar and xerces.jar.

Any hint from Guru's will be appreciated.

Hi,

Perhaps this is a trivial question... but... are your
JAS instances on the same Tools 8.96.1.1 Tools level
as your Enterprise?

The JAS instances you had on WAS5/Tools 8.94 are no
longer valid in WAS6/Tools 8.96.1.1, you have either to
upgrade them or reinstall them.
I personally prefer to reinstall WAS 6+HTTP+etc from
scratch and run a clean install of the 8.96.1.1 JAS
instances.

Just post your JAS.INI and JDBJ.INI.

Do a select count on the F989998 and F989999 - what numbers do you have?

Did you remeber to comment out the [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]section on the generation machine? If not, then the generation worked but put the objects into MSDE instead of following OCM and putting them i Oracle.

Colin

Thanks for your replies. Here are the steps I made.

1. Deployment server updated with service pack 8.96.1.1.
2. Enterprise loaded with Service pack 8.96.1.1.

A full package has been build after applying those service packs.

3. WAS 6 was installed and fresh packs and fix packs were applied to bring it to 6.0.2.13.
4. Installed 8.96.1.1 HTML Server for Websphere.6.
5 Full package was deployed to the Workstation (JAS Generation machine).
The ptf file on all the boxes shows 8.96.1.1.

Now generated the serialized objects for core objects and application p01012.

bounced the web services and logged in to open the application p01012 and got the error.

Screen shot of error, JAS Generation logs from the generator machine and web server logs are attached.

Attachments

• 121143-logs.zip
    438.6 KB · Views: 108
Attached are the ini files.

I can see from the SGA while generating the F989999 and F989998 tables are getting deleted and inserted with new records.

Attachments

• 121144-ini.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 112
Did you generate just one application or all applications, DD, BSVW, etc?

If you just do one application then chances are it won't work because of object dependencies.

Initially I tried with all the applications and later switched to only one application. May be I will try one more time to generate entire system and let you know how it goes.

I did generate the serialized objects for the entire system and it was successful. But over the web ended up with the same error.

After debating with Oracle with a open case for more than 20 days, The support manager asked me to download and install the HTML server install from update center. After installing with the new download services were working fine. It appears like its not a problem with the generator and its with the HTML server.

I am all set now. Thanks for your responses and suggestions.

Back