UBE Queue Move

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
I once had a beautifully written SQL script that I used to move waiting jobs to another queue when things got backed up. Really a neat thing.

It doesn't seem to work now in 8.12/8.96. Any ideas?

How were you executing the script? Scheduled stored proc, trigger, etc.? I know that we've temporarily discontinued our use of SQL database triggers because they seem to deadlock process in 8.12/8.96. Before upgrading, we used triggers to archive our cost files (F4105, F3002). When we went live, processes that read these files (and there are oh so many) would timeout or deadlock, thereby blocking other processes (RF, UBEs, etc.,) until the system was virtually dead. We removed the triggers and wahla, no more problems. Similarly, we used to have a trigger on the submitted jobs file that would do something similar to what you're describing with moving jobs around when we hit a certain number of jobs at a wait status. It too has been removed until we can figure out what the problem is.

Francois

Jeff

Can you send me a copy of the script ? It'd be interesting to see what is causing the issue.

The Queue Kernel happened. If the script works up to the point where jobs fail to move from 'W' to 'S', refreshing the queue would help, but you have to be really careful about doing that when single threaded jobs are waiting in queue or even if there are any processing. It gets really messy...

I think you could accomplish your goals within the JDE toolset using JDE business functions.

I had a beautifully written auto package deployment script that went away after the Xe to 8.9 upgrade.

Back