8.12 or TR 8.96??

Oregon Guy

Hi All!

Current configuration is :
8.11 SP1 TR 8.95 K1
Websphere 5.02
Oracle 9i Axiom 5.3

We are expierencing problems with JDE UBE's going through the motions but not moving all data to all of the respected tables. This is mostly happening in the Work Orders not populating all the necessary tables during the different WorkFile Generations.

I have read several posts on here and some have said that would be a possible tools issue. My question to the group is would a potential upgrade to 8.12 have a better impact or a TR upgrade or both. If anyone has had a similiar experience I would one happy guy to hear from you.

Thanks!

Richard,

We recently migrated from World to E1 811SP1/8.95. We have a couple of single plant implementations to do this year, then we will be converting possibly 2 other complete business units into a single instance of JDE and one of the questions is which version of E1 to use. Currently, we are having some issue in 8.95 and need the Tools Release. Basically, I had the same thought as you - 8.96 or 8.12? I just started considering the impact this will have, so I am very interested to hear from other customers & consultants as well. It will be an uphill battle for me to get 8.12 approved here, so it has to be worth it.

Incidently, we use Work Orders here. I asked our functional team and we do not seem to be having the issue your speaking of (as I understand it). Your database is different than ours. Have you checked for any issues there?

Regards,
Doug

Hi,

It's much cheaper to test just a Tools Upgrade (from
8.11SP1 Tools 8.95 to 8.11SP1 Tools 8.96) than running
a Release Upgrade from 8.11SP1 to 8.12.
If I were you, I'd start with the Tools upgrade.

I appreciate the feedback. I agree that a Tools Upgrade is definitely the way to start. Especially with the usual time and $$$ constaints. Was hoping to find someone else with some stability issues with UBE's. Not a ding to E1 of course. Guess they are all gone fishing over the long holiday weekend.
grin.gif

Oregon Guy

Hi,

If it's just a Tools bug, it'd be quite simple to solve
by upgrading to the latest 8.96.xx Tools.
I assume (with some "pristine" candor) that a bug present
on Tools 8.95.K1 should have been solved in Tools 8.96.1.x
(haha... I know... I'm so naive...)

On the other hand : Have you checked that all of your O/S,
Oracle DB, C compilers, JDBC drivers and WAS/OAS servers
are on the correct MTR levels?

Regards

I'm on the functional side of the house and as far as I know our MTR's are current. I've looked for SAR's and ESU's for a couple objects and it seems we are good there.

We are going to start a 8.96 Tools Upgrade next week so I'm very interested to see how that will help out. What an optimist I am....

Oregon Guy

Back