Customizing the Grid format globally for a group of users

piyush

We are in the CRP of E1 8.12 Tools 8.96 on IBM i series V5r4. We need to customize the grid display for 200 + users of some of the screens. Is there any way other than going to OMW, so that we can configure these grids globally for this set of users?

Hi Piyush,

I do not know, does it work or your release, tool set level, but try the following:

1.) Create the new format in the application, when you run it (right click, Grid, New Format) and press OK(?) on the form to save it.
2.) Run P98950 User Overrides application
3.) Filter for the form ID
4.) Use File/Copy menu exit
5.) Enter "*Public" to the "User/Group" field or specific User or Group as it fits to your requirement.

Hope this works on your system too - please, let us know.

Regards,

Zoltán

Doing what Zoltan suggested is exactly the way that we do it at my company. It seems to work great.

What the other two posts have said is right. A couple of things to remeber using *public. If a user already has a record in the P98950 (User Overrides) you will need to delete it for the user to get the *public version.
The other thing is that this can be applied directly to PD by doing the copy in PD, but if a *public has been set up in DV and the object is promoted the *public from DV goes with it and will overwrite the one you applied to PD.

I can also share with you that I have hade extensive discussions regarding this subject with Customer suppport. I would like the system to support user overrides based on role, any role, not only the *PUBLIC role, but it is not supported. They will look into it at development though so hopefully it will be supported soon...

Regards, Jörgen

Thanks Zoltan and all of you. could not test it earlier as we were tied up with some other work. We tested it yesterday and it worked for *Public. We are trying out for different user role now as we may require different view for different set of people.

And will update you all.

Best regards

I have created my override - promoted it through the project, however I don't see the change.

When I look in P98950 I see the *PUBLIC override as well as userid overrides for the form. It seems that every time the user views a grid, and exits the application the user level override is created, even when they have not customized their grid. I deleted the user level and viewed the grid again and they were recreated.

So when I transfer the new *PUBLIC - it still picks up the existing user level override with the old layout. Should those user level overrides be created as they are? And if so, do you need to delete all userlevel overrides every time you promote a new default *PUBLIC grid?

Thanks!
nicole

Back