Steps to install HTML Server 8.96 for Oracle AS

ashtest

Hi,

I am trying to Install the HTML server 8.96 for Oracle application server. But when I try to Install the Application server, it comes up with a lot of other components Oracle Business application monitoring (BAM), Enterprise service link and lot other stuff. Are these all componets required to run the HTML server?

I am a novice to JD Edwards, can someone point me to steps for installing HTML Server 8.96 for Oracle AS?

Thanks in advance.

Ashtest,

It's always better to install less, rather than more. You can always install the other stuff later. If you install unnecessary stuff, you take away server resources and open yourself up for security holes by having unused, unpatched, applications sitting dorment. It's not that those apps are bad, but if you aren't paying attention to them, you open up the potential for security holes.

Gregg

We recently updated from 8.94_i1 to 8.96_i1 and in doing so decided to go Red Stack. I didn't want to go through all the WebSphere crud again...especially since all we needed was the UI for the Web Client. Anyway, the install guide was written quite well and if you follow the directions written by Oracle, you should find that you only need to install a couple of components. Currently we are not using SSO so we did not enable it on install.

To be honest, I don't recall anywhere during my install where I was given the option BAM or Ent Service Link...ect...ect.

Make sure you have the right discs or source media. If you have a valid license to use OAS, you can download from http://edelivery.oracle.com. Make sure you get the correct version for your platform. Most up to date version which supports JDE is Oracle App Server 10.2.0.2.

Back