SET UP MENU SECURITY

JDE Jorge

JDE Jorge

I need help about the menu security. I like set up a menu for a user on p0092, but when i log on with this user, the menu don`t appear in Solution Explorer. What`s the problem?. Thanks

Welcome to the list. It could be a variety of things but if I was sitting right next to you, I'd ask you if you had clicked 'refresh' to see the new menu as the user. Also, you didn't specify the version of OW that you were running but I'm going to assume that you are running XE since you mentioned Solution Explorer. It's also possible that the user doesn't have security to any of the apps on your menu as we don't know what kind of security you have set up. There really are too many unknowns in your question to give a helpful first answer but this should get you started.
Thanks,
Carrie Ricotta

Thanks,Carrie. The version of OW is E812 release 8.96.9. Please Carrie see my attach. Thanks again. Regards:

Attachments

• 120903-Ask Sec.doc
    233 KB · Views: 155
The first thing I see is that you have your user logging on with *ALL instead of JARROLE01 as a role. Also, I would actually assign JARUSER's address book number in the Role specification on page 3. Give that a shot and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
The version of OW is E812 release 8.96.9. Please Carrie see my attach. Thanks again. Regards:

[/ QUOTE ]

In E1 8.12 there is no more Menu options everything is tasks and you have to assign tasks to roles and fine cut what you don't want users to see. You also have to verify that solution explorer security is configured for the role.

The days of Menus long gone with 8.12

Back