JAS Login Performance in 8.12/8.96

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

Logging into JAS is taking 45 - 60 seconds consistenly. The first login after we restart JAS is taking around 2 minutes. Anyone else exxperiencing similar login times on 8.12.

We are on Solaris 9, Oracle 10G, WebSphere 6.0.2, Tools Release 8.96.I1.

Thanks

Hi,

Have you updated statistics on xx812.F989998 and F989999
tables? That can make quite a difference.

Turn auto discovery on and truncate the F989999 and F989998.

We ran into the same issue and had found the files were rebuilding all the time. We truncated the above mentioned tables and all is fine now. The first user to take an application gets hosed on performance, but after the initial load it is fine.

If the Jas client does not find the app in the serialized object tables, it will rebuild it on the fly. Just like the old Partial Packages. Freaking ingenious if you ask me.

I agree this is nice, but this is not my issue. We are only experiencing the slowness during login. The first user to login after a restart of WebSphere takes about 2 minutes. After that the users are taking about 1 minute to login. I performed a ful gen and made sure the manifest was there so that the Serialized Objects tables were not cleared. We also analyzed the tables, but the slowness is still there furing login. Once logged in, performance is great.

Also, how do I turn Automatic Package Discovery on and off?

Thanks,

Of all the databases Oracle should provide the fastest login.

Generating all objects in 812 is the correct thing to do to maximize performance. The auto discovery while "cool" doesn't really go well for performance.

Analysing the tables (F989998 and F989999) also needs to be done. You should create a script that does this every day at 1 am.

The other tables that you need to analyse DAILY are everything in SY812, SVM812 and DD812 and OL812 wouldn't hurt. This is on all systems. On the AS/400 I do a RGZPFM on this files everyday using a CL. On Oracle an analyze everyday, on DB2 UDB and SQl Server same thing. This should dfinately help performance.

One other thing to try is to put n indx on the F0092 on the userid. Also try the index on the F00950 as well. You need to test this to see if it actually helps performance.

Also in the JDBJ.INI what are the following set to:

minConnection=0
initialConnection=6
poolGrowth=6

You can try increasing the numbe rof initial agents to help speed up the initial logins.

On the Oracle side of things check out the following paper. "Oracle 9.2 with EnterpriseOne 8.9" at http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/iou/red_papers/index.jsp.

Colin

Hi,

That slowness may also be related to JDE.INI settings on
the Enterprise Server.
How many security server kernels you have?
How many of them are autostart?
What about network and call objects kernels?
Maybe you have to increase them (their autostart and
max values), it may take quite a few seconds to initialize
them.
As Colin said, check also for USERID indexes on system
tables (F0092, F00950, F98OWSEC, F95921).

Matt,

Try using Performance Monitor. It will help to find where performance lag is.
How about the web server hardware sizing? Subsequent login are taking 1 min which again seems to be long time. Did you check login from fat client? How much time it takes? This way it will help to see which area need more attention.. Enterprise server or Web Server!!

Regards,
Rohit

msouterblight1 <[email protected]> wrote:
I agree this is nice, but this is not my issue. We are only experiencing the slowness during login. The first user to login after a restart of WebSphere takes about 2 minutes. After that the users are taking about 1 minute to login. I performed a ful gen and made sure the manifest was there so that the Serialized Objects tables were not cleared. We also analyzed the tables, but the slowness is still there furing login. Once logged in, performance is great.

Also, how do I turn Automatic Package Discovery on and off?

Thanks, Matthew Scott [email protected]

Back