Local Web on E18.10 , 8.94 TR

Chan Rana

Chan Rana

Legendary Poster
Hi List,
We are currently having E1 8.10 , 8.94 TR on a UNIX ES and DB2. If some CNC experts can tell me if its possible to have a local web server on Fat client to debug the powerforms.

Thanks,

Chan,

I surprised the iConsortium doesn't have a CNC web guru. Maybe they all work for TomorrowNow. So what does Quark do anyway?
grin.gif

Greg,
I have already floated in our member list so will get which ever comes first. afterall its not rule that if you belong to a member list you cannot look for help outside,more is always better!!!.
Thanks,

Chan,

Is the 'run as html' button available on the FAT?

I've binged Dan R and John B - maybe they know a work-around. However, the
normal means for debugging web will be to have the 'local web' installed as
part of the FAT Client Installation (and It's not real friendly to update
packages - expect to drink a lot of coffee).

If the form is a modification of a standard, can you forward the name - I
would like to try a few things on my end.

AND - never forget the ultimate workaround for when the CNC isn't as
friendly as you want them to be - duplicate the issue on Standalone - where
the Web Client install is up to you.

Holler at me if you need more assistance - I'll help where I can.

(db)

--

Dan,
Yeah I have demo 8.12 on my laptop but client have some custom powerforms and they have E8.10.

CNC is saying that local web instance is not available in 8.10. Even i could not find much on this in KG so just checking if anybody has done a local html on 8.10.

Thanks,

8.10 doesn't have the local web interface. That was introduced in 8.11 and 8.12 - there is a big difference technically between 8.11 and 8.10 including a completely different compiler.

Prior to 8.11 and 8.12, we used to always allow developers access to their own web server for JAS generation to test with. Is that not a possibility for you ?

What specifically are you looking for ?

By the way - I didn't see this posted on the IC's Ask The Experts forum at all...otherwise I would have answered earlier !

8.10 does have the Wb Development Client and was the first version to have it (I'm looking at the manual right now).

8.10 was also the first version to have powerforms (it was not 8.11).

Powerforms requires Tools Release 8.94.

Debugging on the Web Client on 8.10 is the same as on 8.11 and 8.12 - the version of the C Compiler is the major difference.

Colin

Jon,
I will give you call during weeek end. If you can brief me on how to get the local web server installed. the problem currently i am facing is client have some critical custom powerforms in application and if we do any changes we con't run or debug locally since local web instance is not there so we have to wait for next DV build cycle for each test.

Thanks,

Back