Performance Issues w/8.12 TR 8.96_G1

ToddT

We have 2 or 3 full clients for testing, CNC/System Admin, and web generation. We are running all servers are running W2K3 SP1. We have implemented SQL Server 2005. This is a new installation. The enterprise server has an 8-way, 3.0 GHz, Intel Xeon (Hyper-Threaded) processor; 16GB RAM, and over 425GB of free space (RAID5). The enterprise server's CPU rarely exceeds 10%, and memory usage rarely exceeds 3GB RAM. The enterprise server serves up E1, SQL Server, and OAS.

When our developer tests the posting of batches on a full client, they are taking much longer than expected. 2800 records took about 20 minutes to post. To view those same records took around 30 minutes to move from the beginning to the end.

I plan to take a look at the way the user overrides are setup and create *PUBLIC user overrides that eliminate the columns that will never be used. I would like to see if anyone has additional insight into what else I can look at to increase performance.

Thank you,

Thats a pretty open-ended question Todd.

I'd suggest running a search on JDEList to list some of the performance-related answers we've seen in the past. The user overrides, of course, will not help in performance at all - they just "hide" the display of the columns - they don't necessarily change the SQL. The Business View changes the SQL.

Hiding the display of columns will increase performance on the web client, when returning data from QBE. It will not increase performance on updates (posting to the GL, for instance).

[ QUOTE ]
That’s a pretty open-ended question Todd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is very open ended and there are lots of possibilities, like the size of your database, the size of your database drives, how do you have you databases segmented, do you have everything on a single drive hoe big are the volumes etc. Are you on UNICODE........

Give us some more details on your configuration....

..Also, since you seem to still be in the testing phase, have you applied the latest application code fixes (Update 1, permance ESUs, memory leak ESUs, ect.,).

Our biggest performance problems since upgrading to 8.12 have been resolved (believe it or not) by JDE SARs....oh and the application of JDBC 2005, which I assume you already have with SQL 2005.

Francois
8.12/8.96 H1/SQL 2000/JDBC 2005/Websphere 6.0

Here is what I did that seemed to help.

Setup SQL Server 2005 to take a minimum of 4GB of the 16GB of RAM on the enterprise server.

Turned on the multi-threading for the Call Object Kernel.

I noticed that all of the Call Object Kernels where launched and getting a fair amount of action, so I increased the number of Call Object Kernels.

I adjusted [OWWEB] items in the JAS.INI
1) TimeWaitBeforeAutoResume=0 (was at 1000)
2) FetchAllPageSize=500 (was not in JAS.INI)
3) SectionSize=70 (was at 200)

After making these adjustments and restarting the web\db\enterprise server the performance was much improved.

Thank you all for the offers to assist.

Back