Base Price Update of Sales Orders

wsellers

Hi List

We're having difficulty with the base price in the sales detail F4211 and sales ledger F42199 being correct for discount calculations. Could be due to a missing base price when the order was entered or could be due to an erroneous order entry date.

My question is. Using base pricing only, does anyone know of a JDE OW program that will update the base price in F4211 and F42199 either before or after the order is completed? If so, what tips or traps do you know when setting up and running the program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

How about R42950 Sales Order Batch Cost/Price Update? It only works if the
SDPROV flag (Price Override) is blank. This flag is set if a user keys a
price manually in the order, or if it is a result of a blanket order
release. You'll have to blank out that field if you really want to reprice
all the orders.

You can't, to my knowledge, reprice after Sales Update, unless the order
details are still in the F4211 after Sales Update. This is controlled by a
processing option in Sales Update.

Andy Klee

RMB, Inc.
J.D. Edwards Certified Professional
Phone: 970.856.4811
Cellular: 303.591.7344
www.JDETips.com

Re: RE: Base Price Update of Sales Orders

Thanks Andy,
Will R42950 update the unit and extended price on my orders? Since I don't purge sales detail when I perform sales update, will R42950 update completed orders? I don't want to reprice my sales orders. I only want to update the list price SDLPRC in sales detail,F4211, and SLLPRC in sale ledger, F42199, with the currect base price from F4106 using the base price hierarchy reguardless of the price override codes SDPROV or SLPROV. (I have instances of PROV equal to "0" and equal to "1".) Would it be safe to reset PROV to "0" with an SQL statement then run R42950?

Do you know of any additional information on using R42950?

Walt Sellers

RE: RE: Base Price Update of Sales Orders

Why are you wanting to reset the list price field? Is it so you can compare
the base price to the actual price charged? I haven't played much with that
field. R42950 will update the UPRC and AEXP so that's probably not what you
want. Maybe you can modify R42950 to only do the update to the list price
field.

The orders have to be in the F4211, even if they have gone through Sales
Update, so that repricing will work.

Andy Klee

Klee Associates, Inc.
J.D. Edwards Certified Professional
Phone: 970.856.4811
Cellular: 303.591.7344

www.JDETips.com

Re: RE: RE: Base Price Update of Sales Orders

Yes I need to compare base price to actual price charged. We have a very lax and expedient approach to order entry. We create several special order items during any given month. These items get entered on sales orders before the base price is setup. An accurate list price is required in OW to determine item discounts. Which in turn is used to determine commission amounts for our sales reps. You also must understand that before OW we didn't have base pricing in our system. We where also able to manually enter a discount amount into a sales order field at the header level. Our commissions where calculated off line through a number of data exports. (We also don't pay commissions until the order/unit is payed for.)

Bottom line: Thanks for the insight on R42950. Your description is how I thought the program should work; however, this functionality doesn't fit our business requirements. Looks like a custom UBE is in order.

Walt Sellers

Back