Table conversion Issue/Question

Sri

I posted this in the Developers Area and there was no reponse, so I am posting it in this forum. Maybe someone will have an answer for me?(Hoping...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I have a TC in which I have two output Files. One a AS/400 table and the second one being a text file. No problems with the AS/400 table being updated.

In the text file I need to put two trailer records. We can issue only one write command per event. So I have put one trailer record write in the PROCESS END Event. The second trailer record has the same format but different data. Is it possible to change the data and then issue another write command in the PROCESS END event?

Regards,

Sri
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried TC User Insert Row? I do not have

Have you tried TC User Insert Row? I think with the TC User Insert Row you
are not limited to one insert statement. You can insert as many records as
possible. I am not sure whether it would work fine with the text file or
not. Give it a shot and let us know.

Thanks,
SMSS

--
Thanks,
Madhu

Thanks for you reply. But before I saw your reply, I came up with another solution. That is we use different formats in the Text File. Then we can perform as many inserts as there are formats.

But I have another question now. My TC is working on the ES being the AS/400. It is creating the text file in the IFS under /Environment/Export/Postive.txt. But when I get it to my windows PC, it does not look right. It does not have the carriage return at the end of each line. Is there a way to insert this or am I doing something wrong here?

The above file opens correctly in Word Pad but not in notepad and I am assuming it is the last missing character namely the carriage return at the end of each line? Is there a way to insert this in the TC?

Sri

I found out that the Carriage return is an issue with Oneworld Xe and has been fixed in a later tools release. I am not sure that we can upgrade to the latest tools release, but one of the archive threads in JDELIST points out a work around wherein we open the text file with WordPad first and then saving it again. This would put the carriage returns properly in the text file.

Am not sure that my stakeholders will like this...(Smiling), But let us see... Will update you guys later on this again on what I did.

Thanks,

Sri

Back