EOne SP1 Implementation Suggestions Please!

owlearner

Hi All,

We are having the following issues with our current implementation and would like to have suggestions/tips from you all gurus who have the similar config and made successful implementation.

The following is the setup at our end.

JDE Enterprise One SP1
with Tools Rel 8.96C1
Database Oracle 10g Rel 2
Web Server Oracle Application Server

The database is on RAC and the OS for the server's is Windows Server 2003

- Is any body accross the group implemented / has any experience with above setup?

- Is Windows 2003 Server supports Oracle 10g on RAC? any tips /suggetions ti fine tune?

- Any one come across the issue of FULL TABLE SCAN in database when a user click on GOTO END in the grid of any application? the database crashes down while testing this.
how to avaoid this full table scans?

- Is Oracle 10g works better on Linux than Windows? any known issues for Oracle 10g on Linux for Enterprise one?

- Is Case sesitivity a issue in oracle 10g? how to make oracle 10g case insensitive? any suggestions?

- Any one has experience with Oracle Application Server? any suggetions/tips to fine tune are welcome.

Awaiting for all your responses.

Thanks in adavance

Aftab

Hi,

I can answer a few of your questions using our current implementation and setup:

- Any one come across the issue of FULL TABLE SCAN in database when a user click on GOTO END in the grid of any application? the database crashes down while testing this.

<font color="blue"> On our end it did'nt crash, even though we only have a few records. Maybe others can test this using more than a million records.</font>

- Is Oracle 10g works better on Linux than Windows? any known issues for Oracle 10g on Linux for Enterprise one?

<font color="blue">It depends on your expertise on this one. But all i can say is this, there are features in windows wherein the process is as simple of clicking a button or already automated as compared to other os.</font>

- Is Case sesitivity a issue in oracle 10g? how to make oracle 10g case insensitive? any suggestions?

<font color="blue">YES, this is an issue to Oracle and DB2 database. However, oracle came up a a set of instructions (32 pages) on how to simulate the case in-sensitivity in QBE's but has a disclaimer that it doesn't support it, which for me is too complicated and risk the stability of my 10g. MSSQL is by default not case-sensitive. Our workaround on this is to let all data entries in CAPs.</font>

- Any one has experience with Oracle Application Server? any suggetions/tips to fine tune are welcome.

<font color="blue">OAS is pretty solid and easy to setup as compared to WAS, as far as performance i think it will catch up with WAS sooner.</font>

Check if you have some custom "feth single" or "select and Fetch Next" in events like "Grid Record is fetch" or "Write Grid Line before". If you have put them in NER function

Update your tool release to 8.96.1.1 and put your db on Windows 2003 64 bit

Update your tool release to 8.96.1.1 and activate Oracle WebCache over your EnterpriseOne instance

good luck
Gigi

Thanks Gigi,

Could you please share the documents (if any / if Possible) that help during the post implementation interms of fine tuning the system?

Could please write me the major advantages of 8.96.1.1?

What kind of web cache support they have given in the new update?

Thanks

Aftab

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your reply. Is your Oracle 10g on RAC? what is your database machine configuration? The configuration of yours is very similar to ous and would like to talk to you ans share the experiences. Could you please write your details?

- Do you have any documents to fine tune Oracle 10g on windows 2003 platform?

Thanks

Aftab

Back