Administrative Rights

joshlitt

Ok, I need some help on how you are setup in your respective companies. We have a small department that handles our Enterprise One application with myself as the administrator. All of our Fat clients in Budget/Finance have local admin rights to their respective machines. I have all authority on the AS/400 (iSeries) Enterprise server, Deployment (Windows) and 5 Citrix boxes, one which runs our Risk Management software that I also am the administrator for. We have 400+ Thin clients but I can not get local admin rights to those PC's that host Citrix to connect in. Anyone else have local rights or just server rights? I guess I need help understanding how I can have full rights to the most important server in our organization but not to a handful of pc's?

NO user needs local admin rights or should have local admin rights to their PC.

Why do you need local admin rights on their PC's. Are you the network admin? Unless you are you don't need this either.

Yes you should have full access to the Enterprise and Deployment Servers.

As for the Citrix servers it's nice to have but in some instances the JDE CNC has a lot less rights on these boxes especially if they host other applications.

Back