Row & Column security applied for a Role

• Thread starter Adrian_Chimirel
  • Start date
Adrian_Chimirel

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
I need to secure F0101 Address Book confidential information (such as Address Line1, 2 ... etc = Column security), and I can't figure out a way to apply it, only on "E" Search Type records (Row security). Is there a JDE way to do it?
A SQL way would be to create a separate DB profile (copy of PSFT, but secured on F0101 records, and fields).
Has anybody applied this kind of security?
Thank you,

I believe this is in 8.11, but they weren't going to put it back in previous releases. We received Personal Data Privacy documents from JDE/Oracle, and implemented that solution.

Dave Schleicher
Business Systems Analyst
LOGIS
JDE Enterprise One
Version ERP 8.10 Tools 8.96 H1
Enterprise Server - Windows 2003
Database MS SQL 2000 SP 4
Platform Intel HP

I placed a code in the F0116 (bulk mail field which was not being used) and use standard row security to secure address information for employees to just certain group profiles. The field gets updated nightly by a program running in the schedular.

Sorry but I didn't quite get it.
What is your code doing in F0116 (I am assuming a Trigger ER), and why is the scheduler involved?
Thank you,

Adrian,

The F0116 is the address table. The bulk mail column (ALBKML) would need to be updated for new employees. So it seems that DBS has created a job to update all rows where the search type is E and the bulk mail is not set.

Back