E812 hanging

Gov

Hi,

I am working on E812 and observed that the system is hanging for 2 to 3 mins when ever I click on the 'Objects' or 'Owners' node label in OMW. Is this same happening with you too??

Hi,

Just a couple of questions :

Is your antivirus scanning the C:\e812 folder on the client?
Have you updated statistics and regenerated indexes on your
sy812 tables?

Gov,

By a strange co-incidence this happens on our production system, but not our development system - thaye are completely separate installations of JDE with separate Deployment servers etc. I have meant to run a debug log to find out what is happening, but I don't use OMW in proiduction all that often. Have you run a debug log? Sebastian's comment about antivirus software is a good one too. Our config is below.

Sorry for the late response!!

Hi Sebastian,

Currently we dont have anti virus installed on our fat clients.

Hi Peter,

I am attaching the log file. I noticed the same events are executing in a loop again and again. Can you please help me what exactly happening as per the log.

Attachments

• 121125-Debuglog.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 103
Gov,

An interesting log. There appears to be a couple of "gaps" in the time stamp relating to the "Set/Kill Focus" PC event, but curiously nothing reported in the log that explains the time "gap", just begin and finish for the event.

What is the debug level (in your client jde.ini) you used to produce the log?

You have also motivated me to run a log myself - on both machines to see if I can "trap" the difference between the one that "hangs" and the one that doesn't. I'll see if I can do that today or tomorrow and post my results.

Gov,

I ran debug logs for both production system fat client - where it seems to hang, and the dev/test system fat client where there is no delay.

I have attached a zip file containing both logs.

My log of the delay looks very similar to yours - but with more detail - was you jde.ini set for maximum debug logging (see below).

For maximum debug log add this line to your JDE.INI in the [DEBUG] section:
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,
SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ

The difference in time taken between the two is significant - but the delay was not as long as it seemed. Here are the times in seconds:

Hang No hang

Click on owners 56.42 2.17
Click on objects 44.83 1.51

I haven't had a great deal of time to analyze my logs but there is quite a lot of difference in the them. I have not come across anything yet that explains the hanging. I suspect that there is some setup that is not right that is the cause.

So if anyone can shed some light on this I would (and I'm sure Gov would too) be very appreciative.

Attachments

• 121178-OMW-Debug-logs.zip
    11 KB · Views: 76
Hi

I had this problem on 8.9. Check your media queues - P98MOQUE if it has been mapped correctly. This resolved the problem for me.

ListUser,

That was it! I was surprised to find out that very few of our media object queues had not been changed from the default. I corrected them all and now OMW works as well in production as it does in dev/test.

Sounds Great!!

Thanks to Peter and List User. I will do the same as you suggested.

Thank you again

Back