R47011 Switch between Caching and Work Files

drew_reilly

Hello All:
Can anyone tell me, in release 8.11, how to toggle the inbound EDI sales order process R47011 so that the business functions use memory caching instead of the work files?

I have found a white paper for previous releases that would have me hard-code the override in R47011. However, I think (from what I see in the ER) that the decision to use "1" for Work File or "2" for Hard-code is being retrieved from somewhere in a system constant.

Anyone know how to make the switch?

Thanks in advance!

Drew

E8.11
SQL 2000

Hi Drew,

From what I see in the report and the business function calls, the Workfile/Cache flag is not retrieved from any system constant.

It's hardcoded in the "I47011_InitializeParameterForDoSection" function of B4700110 (Variable: cCMUseWForCacheToUpdate). I looked at this in 8.12 and am assuming this to be the same in 8.11

The difference in XE is that it is hard coded within the UBE itself (SAR 4178210).

I don't think that changing the hardcoded value in the business function will help. This hardcoding may have been done for some reason.

Regards,

Shailesh

Hello,

I am not so sure about Hard coding of value Use
workfile/cache in a system constant but it's hard
coded in B4700110 (look for cCMUseWForCacheToUpdate).
I guess you need to make change either in B4700110 or
R47011.

Good luck!!

Mitu
8.11/AS400

Thanks Mitu and Shailesh! I will place the change in the business function. I will post back and tell how it worked out.

Back