the 8.96 latest tools release & patch?

J a s o n

All,

From the peoplesoft update center, how to find 8.96 tools release? I just can download 8.96I1, is this a patch?

Thanks

That is the latest SP (8.96 with patch I1). I believe they just release 8.96 Update 1 (they are moving to a new tools release model) which should supercede the 8.96I1 tools. Check the release dates to be sure.

Sean,

Yes, Oracle did just release 8.96.1.0 (aka 8.96 Update 1). According to their new tools release update methodology, Updates should be released about every 3-4 months, and are supposed to be more fully (regression) tested than the (approximately) monthly Tools Maintenance Packs. That being said, if you're looking to stay fix-current, then the best strategy would be to go with the latest Update. If you need a specific issue addressed, then go with one of the monthly Tools Maintenance Packs. Note also that 8.96.1.0 includes support for Internet Explorer version 7 for web clients.

There's a good explanation called "Tools Release Process Update" on the Update Center part of the Customer Connection. To me, it's a must-read for any EnterpriseOne site.

Back