Citrix Metaframe 4.5 & SQL Server 2005

cdawes

VIP Member
Recently put up 8.10 with 8.96_I1 on Citrix 4.5 and SQL Server 2005. Currently seeing a lot of hanging within JDE and users being disconnected from Citrix.

Anyone else running Citrix 4.5 with SQL Server 2005?

Colin

We are currently running Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 w/ a SQL Server 2005 clustered for the Datastore. Our JDE version is older though. We are running JDE OneWorld, Release B7333, SP 20, update 1 with an AIX Oracle DB backend.

As for the stalling, we were seeing a lot of that to start with, but we discovered the problem seemed to be related to Session Reliability. After disabling it, the problems seemed to go away.

Sessions were also closing unexpectedly; this was related to some security that needed to be specifically set in the registry:

Grant your JDE users Full Control rights to the following key:

• HKLM\Software\JDEdwards\

Grant your JDE users rights to the following folders:

• C:\B7
• C:\WINDOWS\debug\UserMode\ChkAcc.log
• C:\jdeapp.xdp
• C:\jdeapp.ddp
• C:\jdesec.xds
• C:\jdesec.dds
• C:\jdemod.ddm
• C:\jdemod.xdm
• C:\jdeauth.dda
• C:\jdeauth.xda

We are however now noticing issues with the more advanced security settings on Windows 2003. When users put in a purchase requisition, the notification email is not being sent. Using SysInternals File Mon, we are able to see that some files called spvg.8 are not being written to the C:\ drive due to access being denied.

Is there a way to set JDE up so these sorts of files get written to a temp folder that we control, rather than opening up the Root drive to the “everyone” group like Windows 2000?

Thanks for any advise.

From a non JDE expert.

Hey Colin

How is your experience with Presentation Server 4.5 a couple of months further on ? I've been asked whether we should migrate to Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 - but its a huge jump from what the customer is currently on (I believe they're currently using Metaframe XP) since they're installing a new citrix farm. Wanted to know who has run JDE on Presentation Server 4.5 - Xe or Xe.1 customers !

Back