integrate/interface FedEx to JDE warehouse inventory

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Do any of you manufacturing folks ship some of your products via FedEx? or UPS?
If so, have you written a custom interface from JDE shipping over to the FedEx print label function? SCENARIO: Want to print FedEx shipping labels for the products we ship via FedEx, and reduce JDE inventory at the same time. We do not want to print a FedEx shipping label if the product is not in on the shelf in our warehouse in our JDE inventory (cuz' there ain't no product to ship).

Oracle/JDE tech support says no one has ever asked for an interface to FedEx. And the local FedEx people talking to us say that they have never approached Oracle/JDE about developing a relationship between the two companies and develop an application program interface (API) over to their FedEx application. Says they have each JDE site write some custom code for this purpose. It seems to me that many JDE manufacturing users would ship some of their products via FedEx and that they would want to print a FedEx label on the box. I don't want to reinvent what you have already coded.
Let's talk. EricL at 918-292-9142

We ship most of our product by Fedex or UPS. We recently purchased ShipSoft from Varsity Logistics to directly interface JDE to Fedex and UPS. Both Fedex and UPS provide 'servers' (Fedex a PC based box, UPS running on the AS/400) that talk between Varsity and the carrier. Varsity can be set up and customized to work directly with JDE sales orders. Varsity also has strong relationships with Fedex and UPS that smooth the interface process. The end result is perhaps more than just printing labels, it generates the manifests and communicates directly to Fedex and UPS and tracking numbers get fed back to Varsity. And mre depending on your scope.

Marc Gerritt, thank you for sharing your experience regarding ShipSoft from Varsity Logistics. I will investigate their solution. I very much prefer a solution that runs on the iSeries. Their website says that some of their iSeries users ship more than 100,000 parcels a day.

Can you talk with us sometime? My work phone is 918-879-6036.

Marc,
Did you evaluate any other solutions besides ShipSoft from Varsity Logistics? I am not aware of any others.
Thank you much for your first post.
EricL 918-879-6036 in Central time zone

Eric,
Just a thought... It's probably not a good idea to post your phone number etc in the forum, just in case - you never know who is going to start junk calling... From the JDEList web site you can go in and edit your message and remove the phone number if you think it might be a risk (nice when you make a mistake and need to edit your message), but you can also do things like tell someone in the forum that you are going to send them details by private message, and then send them one using the JDEList Private Message feature. best to tell someone of course, not everyone logs in to read the boards...

Hope this helps...

Back