Journal entry to credit an inventory evaluation account that
is created from the PO Receipts program (P4312) when
receipt results in on-hand quantity ending at zero, with a
remaining general ledger cost. Typically, this is the result
of a transaction reversal at a different cost than the original
transaction.

AAI – 4405
Journal entry to debit an inventory evaluation account
that is created from the PO Receipts program (P4312).
This debit occurs when receipt results in on-hand quantity
ending at zero, with a remaining general ledger cost.
Typically, this is the result of a transaction reversal at a
different cost than the original transaction.

AAI - 4321
This AAI is used by the Agreement Management module, available with release B73.2. If the specified agreement has the Write Accommodations flag set to Y, the system writes a general ledger credit entry to the Received Not Vouchered-Accommodations account.

In base JDE there is no 4133 AAI. There is a 4134 and its description is:

AAI-4134
An item balance cost change AAI that determines the inventory offset account.

Hope this helps....

Ryan

I have never tried to create a new DMAAI. My assumption is you could, but how would you force a transaction to that particular AAI number? For example, a sales order looks to the 4230 AAI for the revenue entry. Within that AAI I have multiple options on what G/L account to hit (based on order type, company, and G/L class code) but they are all contained within the 4230 AAI. I would assume you would need a customization to force a transaction to a "custom" AAI.

Sorry I can't be more helpful
frown.gif

Hi Steve_Black

Can you create a new AAI? You probably should be reading the user Reference Guides, however:-

No you can't create a new AAI like "4366" for example - programs are hard coded to use specific values for AAI's

Yes you can (and should) set up your own values for any given AAI based on the GL CLASS, Doc Type etc etc.

The Use ref guides have sufficent examples for you to "nut it out".

Steve,

You can set up your own AAIs but you have to add the code or write your own program to call 'X4090' with the AAI number that you set up as one of the first parms. It isn't real difficult but the better understanding of the AAI process the easier it is to have the program return the expected values. But as Colin indicated the JDE programs as well as any custom programs will have the AAI numbers "hard-coded" in order to return the desired results.

Also, it seems to be difficult for a person that understands the Distribution/Manufacturing AAIs to also understand the Financial AAIs as they reside in different files, have a different structure, and are accessed by different servers. And the reverse is true as well. In the D/M AAIs there is a "Table Number" and in the Financial AAIs there is an "Item Number" that starts with an alpha code, e.g. RC for Receivables, GL for General Ledger.

The AAI process that JD Edwards designed is elegent but is often as misunderstood as Dream Writer or Vocabulary Overrides but just as critical to the system processing.

Back