UPK "Recording is possible in ___ and related applications only"

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
UPK \"Recording is possible in ___ and related applications only\"

I get so many UPK related calls - sometimes I have the desire to be dizzilexik... forgive me if I accidently call it PUK....

User is trying to record process... In E1 8.12.

Turn on UPK Record
Using IE, go to Submitted Jobs
Pick any Report with a PDF
Open the PDF
Click Print Screen
Get UPK Developer Error Message
Recording is possible in _folder_ and related applications only.

WHY??? Wha???

It doesn't appear to happen on all workstations

(db)

Re: UPK \"Recording is possible in ___ and related applications only\"

I scoward world - long and far, and found a solution

Under the [PSENTONE] paragraph, make sure the RelatedApps list matches the following:
IE5,PSIDE,PSNVS,EXCEL,ISQLW,CRW32,PSCFG,ADMIN,DSDESIGN,DIRECTOR,MANAGER,POWERPNT,WINWORD,PUBLISH,ACROBAT,ACRODIST,OUTLOOK,OEXPLORE,ACTIVCON, ACRORD32

Note - the cozmoes at that put this thing together didn't ad Acrobat READER to their list.

Some users could do a printscreen, other could not... after finding a couple 'similar' issues listed in the KG - I thought I'd look and see what was actually opening the PDF. The 'Winners' were opening with Acrobat (the full package) - the Righteously Whiners were opening with Acrobat Reader (per their setups in XP)... ps - I used Task Manager to validate what app was opening the pdf....

I added Acrobat Reader(ACRORD32) to the list of PSENTONE's 'RelatedApps' list - and whalloooah, it works.

Now you know what I know - and knowing is half the battle!

(db)

Re: UPK \"Recording is possible in ___ and related applications only\"

Hello Daniel.... say.. where can I find the [PSENTONE] paragraph? I get a UPK Developer Error each time I press the printscreen button on 1 machine and it locks up the worktstation. I was wondering if it's having trouble with the configuration, but can't find any hits.

Back