Need JDEdwards Maintenance activities..EG: Deleting pdfs from servers etc

CNCFAQS

Hello all,
I need a help from you all,actually I need a list of maintenance actvities for JDEdwards.
for example:
1.Delete pdfs from servers
2.Purge tables etc
Can you mention what are the other maintenance activities we can perform.
Thanks in Advance.

I have a job that goes through and deletes all workcenter messages older than 30 days - its a pretty easy job to create - just base it on the R01131P and modify it to delete all records where date<{system date}-30 !

Workcenter messages over time are freakin' HUGE if not purged often.

Another little niblet is - if you're running invoices - I would also check the F42565. This should be empty, but if you had a couple of runaway invoice jobs that you had to cancel - you should truncate this temporary work file. Obviously make sure that you only delete records where UPMJ < todays date - just to make sure you don't delete active F42565 records !

DON'T delete OMW logs and DON'T delete F9312 (Security History). If you're a SOX compliant organization, you need ALL of those records - and if you ever do an upgrade, its very very important to know the history of an object.

Last but not least, there are some "purging" and "archiving" documents out there on the knowledge garden - I believe that Oracle has got the new "Knowledge Browser" working. There are some very cool presentations and documents out there that are application specific that will certainly help.

These are the tasks that I perform on a Monthly basis; it will very base on your environment.

General
Verify all OS and SQL patches are applied
Build and Deploy Full Packages for all Path Codes
Delete all log files from Servers
Purge Completed Scheduler jobs
Delete Print jobs older than 60 days on ENT and APP
Delete Print jobs older than 15 days on TEST-JDE-CRP
PROD-JDE-ENT, PROD-JDE-APP and TEST-JDE-CRP
Stop JDE Service on PROD-JDE-ENT and PROD-JDE-APP
Stop JDE Service on TEST-JDE-CRP
Reboot PROD-JDE-DB
Reboot TEST-JDE-CRP
Reboot PROD-JDE-ENT and PROD-JDE-APP

JAS Servers
Reboot PROD-JDEJ1- Verify all IBM Services are started
Reboot PROD-JDEJ2 - Verify all IBM Services are started
Reboot TEST-JDEJ2 and TEST-JDEJ3 - Verify all IBM Services are started

Restoring JDE Services
Verify Web Login
Run a Test UBE in PROD and in CRP - Web

Other Misc. Related Tasks

We took a very simple approach to clearing the PDF and log files from the workstations, citrix, and enterprise servers.

We used the attached exe (DeleteFilesOlderThan.exe) in a batch file placed on a scheduler. The batch file maps a drive to the default share on each machine and purges the files (7 days old on enterprise servers (not in used) and 2 days old for PDF files).

Has been running for 3 years nonstop. Never have had a problem with it.

Attachments

• 119025-DeleteFilesOlderThan.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 151
May I ask why you wouldn't use R98860P ? That will clear the WSJ AND the PDF's.

Unless, of course, you're talking about the clients (citrix servers) - which would be a good procedure to clean up the unwanted PDF's in the client printqueue directories.

Correct. We clean the files off the farm and Fat client development machines as well as run a SQL statement to clean up the WSJ. Since we needed to clean local print queues, it made more sense to do all of them the same way and not run the JDE job.

Hello All,
Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions its been a great help for me,If you get some more information regarding this activity then please Post a message,and regarding the "purging" and "archiving" documents on the knowledge garden I can find the documents out there can you please help me regarding that.
Once again thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Back