From Newbie - how is gen.bat generated and where is it

Don Adams

I am trying to do an eGen for our E1 system. We are using 8.95 with 8.11. Our gen.bat is not where the manual says it should be. I found it in the .war file directory of EA_JS_81 but not in WEBINF. The gen.bat wants to use web Sphere express rather than WS App server 5.0.2. I have tried to use the copy I found in the .war file but so far I haven't been able to configure it properly.

What process generates the correct gen.bat and where should it be found. The manual gives two different places.
One is c:\E811\JAS\EA_JS_81\...war\webinf or
C:\websphere\appserver\installedApps\server name\EA_JS_81\..war\webinf

It is not in either place for me. I do not even have a JAS directory under E811.

Any help or explanation will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Don, it almost sounds like you're looking on the JAS server for the GEN.BAt. You should be looking on your full client installation for the GEN.BAT. After you install the DV811 full client, look in the following folder:

C:\e811\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war

And yes, DV811FA comes out of the box with a WebDev feature as part of the package. It expects that you have your .NET and WebSphere Express installed in order to enable the WebDev feature. The WebDev feature is what creates the JAS folder where the appropriate subfolders are located that contain the GEN.BAT file. So, if you don't install the WebDev feature, I don't think you're going to find the folder you're seeking.

Back