After full Package deployment reports go into error

Jayden

Hi

I did a full package build and deployed the specs to our enterprise server and know none of my reports run.
blush.gif

I restored the SPec and bin32 folder from a previous backup and all is ok. Any ideas why the deployment of the full package would cause my reports to go into error. I have checked the full build it is built successfully.

Thanks Dave

I have had this happen for scheduled jobs after deploying a full package. The next time this happens you may want to look at the date/time stamp of the objects in the bin32 directory of your environment. If any of them reflect a later date/times stamp than the objects in the bin32 directory of the package, consider stopping services and copying over those files. Of course always make a backup of the bin32 directory in the path.

I learned this the hard day one time. I have a feeling something was submitted by the scheduler while I was deploying, ultimately locking one of the .dll files. Don’t always trust the “Build installed succefully” from JDE. I always stop the scheduler and shutdown Jas service when I deploy now. I also check the date/time stamp of the .dll files in the bin32 directory afterwards too.

Back