How do I change my job queue from Single thread to multi-threaded

André Hébert

i've already look and call JDE and they know jacks__t

so i have qbatch that run 2 ube silmueanous
i want my other queue to run multi-ube instead of the usual WAIT .
Thank you all

OS wk2
ERP8 sp2
sql 2k
citrix presentation 3

In the Systems Administration Guide - it shows how to add additional UBE Queues to your Application Servers' JDE.INI - for Intel platform :

open the application servers JDE.INI

Look for "[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]"

Look for "UBEQueues=1" and change it to whatever number you want. For example :

UBEQueues=6
UBEQueue1=QB7334
UBEQueue2=QB7334
UBEQueue3=QB7334
UBEQueue4=QSINGLE
UBEQueue5=APQUEUE
UBEQueue6=APQUEUE

This would create 3 sets of queues - QB7334 would be multithreaded (maximum of 3 jobs in parallel), QSINGLE would be single threaded (maximum of 1 job) and APQUEUE would be multithreaded (maximum of 2 jobs).

Its that simple on an Intel box !

... and, if you're going to up the number of queues don't you also need to consider upping the number of kernel processes for UBEs
(or do the defaults come in at a sufficiently high level?).

in JDE.INI
[JDENET] section look at MAxKernelProcesses
[JDENET_KERNEL_DEF2] section look at maxNumberOfProcesses

And a quick warning!
Don't assume any job can run in a multi-threaded Job Queue, there are some jobs that will ruin your day if they are not run in a single threaded queue.

Bob is right. Some UBEs have to be run in single queue.

Attached is the list of UBE's that have to be run in single threaded mode. Please note that this is an old list and may not have been updated for E811/E812.

Regards,

Shailesh

Attachments

• 118820-Single Threaded UBEs.doc
    111.5 KB · Views: 379
Another tip: don't forget that each UBE that runs will use up to a full processor. So if you only have 4 processors, don't try to configure your sytem to have 8 queues and run 8 UBEs at a time. Especially if your database is on the same server, or if you use a web server and your BSFNs run on the same server.

Andrew

Back