Versions No Longer Building In Update Packages

rhunt01

Well Known Member
We've just discovered that our updated versions are not up on our Citrix boxes after update packages are built ever since we upgraded to SP23_Q1.

Now, we exclusively build package on the deployment server so versions never actually show up, but they have always ended up on our Citrix boxes anyway (I forget why this works exactly). Anyway, it's not working any longer. What's peculiar is this is a very common update package of our Payment Control Groups (R04570)...where I simply select "All Versions" in the objects selection.

I checked the spec directory for these packages before and after the SP update and the xdb's and ddb's are exactly the same size - yet, the versions are NOT showing up on Citrix.

Any ideas?

Are you deploying them? If not, then how were they getting there in the first place? New versions get JITIed to the terminal server once someone trys to call it. Existing version require a package and a deploy.

Our shop uses a full build approach 99.9% of the time. This way my developers and key users do not need to inform me when they make a change. I build and deploy one full PY and one full PD package a week on a regular schedule. That might be an overkill for some shops, but it works well here.

Gregg

I have always had this issue with update packages. I also build on the deployment server but during the assembly steps I sign into the environment I am building the update package for and then when I select "All Versions" I will get the "All" the versions. For the actual deployment I will sign out of JDE and then into the "Deployment" environment, create the deployment record, and deploy the package from there. This gives me succesful update packages without waiting for a full build.

I ran into this issue awhile back also. Oracle/JDE said Update Packages need to be assembled (and I thought built) on a Thick Client machine, and not on the Deployment Server. I regularly Assemble and Build on my Thick Client (which has .NET Visual Studio 2003), then Deploy from the Deployment Server. I usually choose the 'All Versions' also, but I've been told there could be instances when you won't want all Versions.

Back