Imaging Software

Vasu_JDE

Well Known Member
Is any one using Imaging software with JDE E1? Will appreciate if you could let me know what you are using it for and whom all did you evaluate? Imaging software vendors, please do not reply to this post.

Thanks
Regards

We use Acronis for our windows based Deployment (2003) and Web application server (2003 + Websphere). Works pretty well.

[ QUOTE ]
Is any one using Imaging software with JDE E1? Will appreciate if you could let me know what you are using it for and whom all did you evaluate? Imaging software vendors, please do not reply to this post.

Thanks
Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

We're using ApplicationXtender (AX) as our backend and some custom VB6 code between E1 and AX.

This way we ended up with a tight integration between E1 and the images. We've got the ability to click on "View Image" from 'Supplier ledger inquiry' or from 'Account Ledger Inquiry' and the AP invoice images load in AX. We have our timesheets, hourly HR files, sale tickets all done basically the same way. We even have our bank sending over our canceled checks and they get auto imported into AX and can be viewed by click “View check” from several different E1 screens.

We’re at 2.3 million pages store in AX in under 18 months with other departments salivating to get on the system. It’s worked out better than I anticipated.

The key to our successful implementation was finding a local outfit that specialized in document capture/management and custom integration. The money we spent on custom integration was a lot less than some of the pre-built packages we looked.

If you want more details PM me.

We use ImageNow for our integration. I wrote an article on that that I can send you offline if you're interested.

Gregg

We use IMS/21 by Vanguard Systems. From a OneWorld event, we pass an invoice number to the IMS client software, which displays the proof of delivery for that invoice.

It's quite slick. We plan to use it for lots more later.

Wow - and how many are using Optika - which was the "official" product back with JDE prior to takeovers and mergers ! I know a couple of companies using Optika - but its interesting to see the other solutions out there.

Hi altquark,

We are using Optika (now Stellent IBPM). We're using it for AP invoice approvals (almost 3 years) and have it integrated with JDE. It's works great. We have big plans of using Optika/Stellent within our company for much more than just the invoices. We have a support contract with a consulting company that's a Stellent partner/reseller and they've been awesome helping us out.

Regards,
Kevin

Back