Strange Citrix Issue

CitrixDude

Hey Gang...

Having a strange Citrix issue with E1 all of a sudden...
We are using Citrix XP FR3 SP4 for many months and now and all of a sudden at random when users sign into E1 via Citrix they get into Solution Explorer and as soon as they click their menu or they click off the “tips” popup E1 disappears and they get logged out of Citrix. It’s almost as if E1 is crashing. At that point even when you log onto the console of that citrix server and launch E1 the same thing happens. To fix the issue I have to reinstall the full package. I tried…rebooting, copying new INI, regenerating DDICT and GTLB, installing last update, and swapping system…Nothing is working except reinstalling the full.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
E1 8.10 8.95C1 Win2K3 SQL2K Cluster SAN Citrix XP

Can you verify that the WTSLOGS=TRUE exists within the [DEBUG] stanza section of the jde.ini in the Windows folder? This will configure them to get the correct settings in their personal JDE.INI for the following lines...
DebugFile=c:\jdedebug.log
JobFile=c:\jde.log

These should point to their personal Documents and Settings location, once they get their own jde.ini file.

We ran into this where all the users were pointing to the same jde.log and debug files. So the first user connected and would load it fine, then lock the jde.log file. When other users attempted to connect it would close out as soon as it attempted to write to the jde.log file.

Hope it helps,
Todd

From the users that i have polled it sounds like its only happening when they click off the Tip of the Day...really strange...

Please check the permissions on the c: drive.. I have had that problem, as soon as I gave full control on C: it went away.

Here is a sample of the user's INI file that is stored on their roaming profile (g:). This issue just seems to pop up all of sudden. The problematic server has been fine for the past few days.

By turning on WTSLogs what does that do?

[DEBUG]
TAMMultiUserOn=1
Output=NONE
ServerLog=0
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS
;BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ
DebugFile=G:\WINDOWS\jdedebug.log
JobFile=G:\WINDOWS\jde.log
Frequency=10000
WTSLogs=FALSE

I dont think its permissions because it was working fine, plus while being logged on to the console as administrator doesnt work either. The reinstall of the full fixes the issue.

The saga continues...

I am getting this error in a debug log in the root of e810 on the citrix server...any ideas?

22 Mar 2007 15:22:39,758 [Thread-8] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.bpm.broker.BrokerConnectionThread} - Fail to read the Soap RPC Message:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read

Did you just update your service pack recently ? I'm wondering if by stating "when you install the full it fixes the issue" is related to the foundation.

You are definitely crashing - Oneworld is causing a memory violation, but you have error reporting turned off, hence the citrix session closes. I'd look into exactly whether the service pack is really installed correctly - if you recently updated, you might have to perform a full rebuild of a citrix server since it sounds like the BPM Broker is causing you issues, which would be understandable if it were not installed correctly (through add/remove programs).

Jon,

You hit it! Its the BPM Broker! I uninstalled it and now things are fine. Question is why all of a sudden. We arent using it so is there a way to not install it when i install fulls?

Does the windows directory exist on the g:? We had the same error messages. It was crashing because the directory the logs were pointing to didn't exist

The BPM Broker application is not really designed to be run multi-user (ie on a citrix server or terminal server with multiple users). I was talking to a colleague the other day about this - I don't know enough about how JDE is installing this yet, but it seems as if the BPM broker is using a temporary directory somewhere and if two copies are run, then it can cause issues. Obviously the only use for the BPM Broker is in development - hence there needs to be an update to my citrix development paper with regards to the latest version. However, if you're not using the BPM Broker - or if you're installing a production user on 8.10 or below on Citrix, then you should definitely be removing this code.

I do not know how to prevent the installation of this. So I'd recommend just uninstalling it as part of the install process !

[ QUOTE ]
...So I'd recommend just uninstalling it as part of the install process !

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sound logic, just like on Windows XP, we click the Start button to exit...
grin.gif

Back