Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi,
I want to install Oracle 10G on ERP8 installation.
I want to configure environment DV and PY (Data, control table and central objects) over Oracle 10G to test it with SP23_Q1 and leave PD over Oracle 9i.
Which kind of problem could happen? Will i able to transfer objects beetween PY and PD advancing OMW projects?
thanls in advance
Gigi

Yes, you'll be able to transfer objects between PY and PD using OMW, provided the toolset and Oracle client on the admin machine are at the minimum supported levels.

Oracle clients are generally backwards compatible with older database versions, so provided you have Oracle 10g client on the JDE fat client, with TNS setup to point to the Oracle 9 and 10 databases and appropriately configured datasources in the F98611, you should be fine.

JDE E1 can have one databases for all datasources or even a one-to-one relationship between datasource and database (though this would be a highly unlikely and unnecessary configuration for even the largest installations).

Hello

We are preparing to do the same migration 9i to 10g ... just wondering how your migration went? Any unforeseen problems to watch for?

Thanks in Advance

Back