Downloading Spoolfile to Excel Sheet

JDE_WROX

JDE_WROX

Hello Listers,

I was curious to know how to download the spool file output to an excel sheet. This is particularly useful for Financial reports. Is this option a version specific or can we use this in all the versions.

Any thoughts in this regard will be helpful for me.

Thanks
JDE_Wrox
World Soft A7.1

A9.1 will do this directly. At A7.3, FASTR, WW, and STAR have procedures in place for the reports to be downloaded. For DWs copy the splf to a database file then download that physical file. There are documents somewhere in Customer Connection describing the A7.3 procedures. Those procedures should also work in A8.1.

Devki,

Present we were using A7.1 version.
Can you please let me know if there are any procedures to be implemented for this process of downloading spool file.

Thanks in advance

JDE_WROX
A7.1, World Soft.

In the new A9.1 release of the JDE World product you can download
(export) a screen of data or export spooled output from a World Writer
or Dream Writer report. It is pretty simple and easy to do. You might
look into going to the newest release, the install to the newest release
is pretty fast and simple to follow.

Jim

JDE_WROX,
I goofed when I only mentioned A7.3 & A8.1 because the procedures were in place for A5.2 as well. Just log in to Customer Connection and use the World Knowledge Browser. Otherwise, call Global Support and ask for the documents.

I’ve used the AS/400 command CPYSPLF to a pre-defined file. Once this has been copied I then download it using either ODBC connection from Excel (Client Access Add-On Tool in Excel) or the Data Transfer facility in the 400 using Client Access to dump the resulting report to a text file on my desktop. Hope this helps.

You can use Ops Navigator (AS400 windows tool) to copy and paste the spoolfile anywhere on your PC.You can view/copy your own sploofile or any other users spoolfile depending on your access permissions. File Open in Excel and convert the text file to excel. Or when creating reports in WORLD output to file and download file using AS400 data transfer utility download as biff format. Again this depends on your Client Access install features.
During install of CA you must choose to install File transfer tools.
We use 520 iseries and V5R3 - Data transfer utlitiy is pretty cool. Ops Navigator is the windows version and i do all maintenance from here.
So, it all depends on whats available to you in terms of tools and permissions.

devki

Listers,

Thank you very much for all of your valueable suggestions.
I will go with the option given by Devki and let you know the result soon.

Thanks in advance
JDE_WROX

Back